Saturday, June 6, 2009
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
- Maroon~ This color is pretty tough to pull off, but it's so flattering for us brownies! Try: Too Faced's Temper Temper, Make Up Forever's Burgundy 141, or Lola's Merlot
- Blue~ Not electric- I'm talking navy and slate. Try: PlantLove by Cargo's Dove, Nars's Night Flight, Sephora's Pearl No. 5, or Fresh's Eye Shadow Trio in Corazon Del Mar
- Gray~ Gray is usually associated with a smoky eye, but it doesn't have to be so dramatic to look phenomenal. Try: Stila's Storm, Urban Decay's Revolver, or Dior's Silver Dust
- Purple~ Go dark for a classic look, or bright for a funky, modern look. Try: Smashbox's Spellbound, Nvey Eco's 164, or Shiseido's A10 Violet Splendor
- Light Yellow~ The key word is light- a yellow shimmer is a subtle way to highlight your eyes. Try: Josie Maran's Mist, Benefit's Bikini Line, Kevyn Aucoin's Oro, or Lorac's Gold
- Green~ Any green you can get your hands on looks great! Try: Smashbox's Serpent, The Balm's Jealous Jordana, Yves Saint Laurent's 11 Iridescent Emerald, or Givenchy's Trendy Khaki
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Do You highlight your hair?? I do!
Although I have naturally blonde hair, it isn't as blonde as it once was! I like to keep it a little brighter, so I get blonde highlights. Keeping up with your coloring can be RIDIC EXPENSIVE!
Recently, I've found myself with little time to make an appointment with my stylist because of my work schedule, her work schedule, and lack of cash flowage.
I've always used a color protective shampoo and conditioner. BELIEVE ME- I have tried everything out there! From expensive to cheap, salon to drug store!
About two weeks ago I was at Walgreens picking something up, and realized I was running low on shampoo and conditioner. So I hesitantly walk on over to the aisle, well aware that I would be in there for another 30 minutes reading ingredients and comparing new products (I am ridiculous.) I noticed a new product in the John Frieda Collection. I am not new to his line, I have tried all of the Sheer Blonde products, so you can imagine my excitement!
Color Renew Tone-Restoring Shampoo and Conditioner
with Optical Brightener and Lavendar
- Sheer Blonde® Color Renew Tone-Restoring Shampoo and Conditioner neutralize brassy and yellow tones for noticeably brighter, salon-fresh blonde in just 3 uses
- Optical Brightening Technology converts UV rays to a white-blue light, making color-treated hair appear lighter and brighter
- Violet dyes are lightly deposited on the hair toneutralize orange and red brassy tones
- Ammonia and peroxide-free
- Gentle enough for daily use
How To Use
Begin by applying Sheer Blonde® Color Renew Tone-Restoring Shampoo to wet hair. Gently massage and work into a rich lather, then rinse. Follow with Color Renew Conditioner. Massage throughout hair, from root to tip, then rinse thoroughly. Towel dry. Style as usual.
9.3 fl. oz. size
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Peace, love, and kisses!
- 0.02 oz bareMinerals High Shine Sand Dune (gilded sand, high shine)
- 0.02 oz bareMinerals Mermaid Eyecolor (dark blue-green velvet)
- 0.02 oz bareMinerals Hydrating Coral Blush (coral dusk)
- 0.07 oz bareMinerals Hydrating Mineral Veil (brightening finish)
- 0.14 oz bareMinerals 100% Natural LipGloss in Chiffon (nude sand)
- Double-Ended Hydrate & Brighten Duo Brush with Custom Bamboo Handle
- Straw Clutch
- I am on the BIGGEST Bare Escentuals kick right now!
- The eyeshadows are fab because you can wear them wet or dry. (I love wet, lasts longer and has a more dramatic effect!)
- Brushes are the highest quality and keep like new even after washing. This brush has two ends, which means more room in your beauty bag and comes with a custom bamboo handle!
- They may look small, but a little sure does go a long way with these products.
- This color combo is perfect for summer, love the Mermaid eyecolor the most!
- Nude Sand lipgloss is perfect with a tan, you won't want a lot of color on your lips distracting from your beautiful bronze skin tone!
- I think they would look best on blondes (haha ME!) but would also look great on other colorings as well.
- They're all natural, and THE WHOLE THING IS ONLY $49!!! What else could you ask for?
- spruces up plain outfits.
- what's more tropical than neon nails? (i know, a lot of things)
- it makes you look tanner!